Tuesday, July 25, 2017

3 Steps To Heal From Emotional Pain

Burying pain is not good because it ends up coming up later and sometimes ten times worse. When it comes up it could make a woman feel depressed and ashamed, even to the point of hurting herself or someone else. For example, if a woman was molested during childhood, never get help then her view of herself is distorted. She might think it is her fault she was molested. This will cause her to be depressed and may cause suicide attempts. Taking the blame for something like this can lead to many more bad decisions because the woman does not care about herself. This can lead to bad relationships with men who abuse her physically and mentally.

 A person blaming themselves for things not in their control can develop an addictive nature to numb the pain. They can become addicted to drugs, food, hoarding, laziness and even hurting themselves. They can become addicted to people, especially those that hurt them. 
Whatever the pain is that is causing a person to feel like they deserve more pain, can be healed.

 Follow these steps for deliverance:

 1. PIN-POINT THE ORIGINAL PAIN. 

This will require some reflecting over the life of the person hurting. The person may want to journal some things that happened in childhood. This original pain may be buried in the person's mind. The only way to bring it out is to acknowledge it happened. 

 2. DON'T BLAME YOURSELF, FORGIVE. 

This step is very important. This is the step that can be the hardest for people but can not be skipped. Forgiveness must take place for healing. Forgive yourself means that you don't blame yourself for the pain. Forgiving someone else means they and that situation doesn't have power over you. It frees you from the pain and to allow love in. 

 3. RECEIVE GOD'S LOVE. 

God loves each person to the core. It does not matter what has been done, nothing can separate a person from God's love. He is waiting to receive everyone just the way they are. He will replace pain for peace in the heart of those broken. Only He can give true peace. Going to other sources for peace as mentioned above, will only cause more pain. He just want to love the pain away. 
 Romans 8:35-39 says Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[j] 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 


PRAYER TO RECEIVE JESUS IN YOUR HEART: 

Lord, I acknowledge your love for me and I ask you to be Lord over my life. Please forgive me for my sins, known and unknown. I believe that Jesus is God's son. I believe that because He loves me He died and rose on the third day. I believe that He intercedes for God. I pray you will guide my life and heal me from the pain. Please give me the strength to forgive my self and others who cause the pain in my life. Give me joy and peace that surpasses all understanding.Thank you for Your unconditional love. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...