Friday, July 3, 2015

How To Truly Restore Your Life


No one wants to face bad consequences that feel like punishment. Everyone wants the good consequences, however if bad choices are made there will be bad consequences. I teach my children all the time to make good choices to receive good things. If they make bad choices then they will be in trouble. My daughters do not like getting their cell phone privileges removed. However if they are doing things on their phone, making bad grades or being disrespectful, the cell phone is taking away from them. It is removed because as a parent, I love my children. I want to protect my children and teach them right from wrong. My job as a parent is to guide them so that they will become responsible adults.

 I am a child of God. God is my Father. Since He is my Father I know that He feels the same way about me that I do about my children. God wants me to make good choices to protect me. When I don't He corrects me by punishing me. That is when His grace takes over because I am able to go to Him and ask for forgiveness. I repent, learn my lesson and change. Then He restores me back, sometimes greater, then I was before I made the bad choice. This is such an awesome thing to have in such a mighty God.

The people who are not God's child are the ones who have not received Him as Lord of their lives. Their life is not under God's grace. They make bad choices but don't have a Father in heaven to restore their life. They are always trying to restore their own life, which is exhausting and never satisfying. Life feels like a merri-go-round that never ends. God can make it stop.



Only God can truly bring restoration just as we are the only ones who can restore our children after they make a bad choice. The awesome thing about God is that He is always there, when our parents are not. When our parents are not there to restore us from a bad choice, God our ultimate Father is waiting on us. We must receive Him as Lord over lives so that we can live life fully restored.



No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...