Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A Lonely Place

Putting children in a corner to face the wall as punishment is a debate that has confused loving parents for many years. There are benefits to isolation of a child. It calms them down, humbles them, and gives them time to think about what they done. I believe sometimes God puts us in sort of a time out. However, for us as adults it is called a lonely place.


The lonely place, we often feel, sucks, but it is not a bad thing at all. We must learn to embrace the lonely place. As I reflect over my life, every time I was in a lonely place, God was up to something. He would either be protecting me from something or showing me who I am in Him.

I, too have made the mistake of trying to get out of that lonely place before it was time. I did it with men, food, drinking, partying, fake friends and a suicide attempt. I didn't like the lonely feeling. It's not a fun place to be in, especially when looking around and everyone else is having the time of their lives. I regret aborting those lonely places with those temporary things that only led to more grief. This is why I am writing this so that you will not make the same mistake as me. Wait on God.
The lonely places I made it through produced great things in my life. I had visions of writing, my family, my husband. God showed me His promises and who I am in Him. He showed me love. He gave me an identity.

God gave us examples of this in His word. The most important example is Jesus. Yes, Jesus, had to go through isolation before He became the King of Kings. Moses, before he rescued his people from Pharoh, he was alone when God gave him that instruction. He had to leave his familiar place to receive the vision from God.

Yes, it is hard being lonely, but remember it is for a reason. It will be worth it if you stick it out till the end of this process. I pray God gives strength to those who are in a lonely place. Stay focused on the work He is doing inside of you and not on what others are doing outside of you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Latest Govt Jobs 2016
Posts your shared useful information and meaningful life, I'm glad to be reading this article and hope to soon learn the next article. thank you

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...