Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Faith It Till You Make It. And Don't Go Back To It

I was wrestling with writing this but God won! I don't want to discourage anyone from faithing it until they make it because this statement is true. We are to have faith in God, keep pressing in to Him until He answers us.

What happens after we make it? I always use my kids for an example, they teach me a lot about how our relationship with God is supposed to be. I noticed that after Thanksgiving when I start decorating for Christmas my kids' behavior changes a little bit. They start doing more chores around the house without me asking. There are no attitudes, everyone is so happy.
Christmas morning comes and everyone is all excited to open presents. "This is the best Christmas ever!" my kids say. They love all of their presents and play with them all the time. They are still behaving well.

After a couple of weeks into January maybe February we go back to the same, who is going to do the dishes. They start dragging their feet to do chores. It's discouraging and makes us (my husband and I) feel used. We don't take the gifts back but it's a thought. But when they do something to get in trouble they get those things taken a way for a time period.

We shouldn't do God the same way. We pray, believe and change our behavior for God to do a thing and when He comes through, it is not a green light to go back to doing the same things as before. It is the green light for us to be completely thankful to God and follow Him. Then tell others of what God has done.

In Luke 5 Jesus helped Peter, Simon, James, John and other fishermen. They were struggling with their fish, matter of fact they were done for the night. But Jesus came and told them to move then try it one more time. I'm pretty sure they mumbled a little but did it anyway. When they were obedient, they made it! They received so much that the boats started to sink. The men didn't stay there and go back for more. They left everything and followed Jesus.

When Jesus comes to your rescue, honor Him. Don't go back to your sin, addiction or broken heart. God has healed and delivered you, so walk in it. Tell others and live a life that represents God.


No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...