Sunday, January 10, 2016

Resistance Training

The hardest part about fitness is the beginning, especially starting resistance training, which is exercising the muscles by using an opposing force. Resistance training is something that many of us avoid. The avoidance happens because we know that after the training, and sometimes during, there is going to be pain. Sometimes we are so focused on the pain that we forget that the result is going to be better than we were before.

Since the only thing we are focused on is the pain, we mumble and grumble through it. Sometimes we don't make it through, but give up then go binge eat. The result of giving up and binge eating is miserable. You fell so heavy and blah.

If a person pushes themselves through resistance training, the end result is great. It is painful but it feels like you can conquer the world because of the natural energy level God has blessed us with.


We ALL go through resistance training in life. However, the difference in all of us is the after. Did we make it through? How did we make it through? Did we push through and stay sore? Or did we make it easy on our selves by leaving a step out? Did we give up and go back?
The result I chose is to push through it because I know I'm going to be stronger after.

Some resistance training I went through was being a single mother of two toddlers
without a job for two months. That was one of the most painful times in my life. I didn't give up, I kept tithing on whatever I received from others. I kept praying and reading my Bible. I didn't go rob a store, become a drug dealer or a stripper. I did think about those things though because I was that desperate. However, I held on to God's word. I stayed connected to my church. I sought help and God provided. My children and I did not go without anything for those two months I went without a job. In those two months is when God spoke to me and showed me some awesome things about my future. He showed me how much strength I have and that I really can do all things through Him who gives me strength. He showed me how much He loves me. I delighted in Him and He came through for me. Because I went through resistance training, I became a better woman, a better mother, I became wiser and I found my purpose.

I encourage you, that whatever resistance training your in to stick it out because you will come out stronger. It might be painful now but you will be better after.

No comments:

Be Thankful

The light bulb has finally cut on which is why I am able to write this blog. The things I understand and have been delivered from are what...